It's About Justice

A leading medical malpractice and personal injury law firm for people
harmed through negligence.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Federal Tort Claims Act
  4.  » Federal Property Injury

What To Do When Injured At A Federal Building

Like any other residence or commercial building, any federal property could be the origin of a slip-and-fall claim.

Premises liability is the legal theory we use when someone slips and falls and eventually brings a lawsuit in civilian courts. When slips and falls or other injuries caused by poorly maintained property happen at a federal building, they can usually be addressed through the Federal Tort Claims Act.

If You Were Injured On Federal Property

The United States General Services Administration (GSA) owns and leases more than 354 million square feet of space in 8,600 buildings in more than 2,200 communities nationwide. GSA properties include:

  • Office buildings
  • Land ports of entry
  • Courthouses
  • Laboratories
  • Military bases
  • Data processing centers
  • Historic buildings
  • Post offices

You may be able to file a claim under the FTCA if injured on any of the above properties.

Get A Free Consultation

Help with an injury suffered at a military base or federal agency building is available. At McKeen & Associates, P.C., our attorneys have successfully handled thousands of personal injury cases. Call us at 313-524-8570 or contact us online to discuss your case with one of our lawyers. Your first consultation is free.

McKeen & Associates is in Detroit, Michigan, and handles Federal Tort Claims Act military personal injury cases nationwide.

Practice Areas