- Litigation Attorney
“I find the practice of law personally fulfilling as it provides opportunities to help others. I wake up every day energized and excited to go to work for my clients.” Todd Schroeder.
Todd Schroeder is a trial attorney with McKeen & Associates. Growing up with a father, uncle and older brother practicing law, as well his work with other lawyers and firms, he witnessed firsthand how attorneys can profoundly impact and improve lives.
Todd joined McKeen in 2017, and since that time he has been involved in several complex medical malpractice cases resulting in high settlements for his clients.
Prior to joining McKeen, Todd was Chief Felony Prosecutor in Ohio, where he served as first chair in more than 50 jury trials; provided training to law enforcement; and created a sexual assault case law review. Todd also served on the Ohio Family Violence Prevention Advisory Counsel; provided state-wide and regional legal presentations; and provided proponent testimony to the House of Representatives Judiciary Committee in support of legislation working to create “strangulation” as a stand-alone felony crime. Todd has served as Special Prosecutor in high profile cases involving police misconduct.
While practicing in Ohio, Todd received several professional recognitions including: ‘4 under 40’ Award of Professional Excellence and Community Involvement; William F. Schenck Victim Justice Visionary Award of Distinction; and Teri Sowers Memorial Award for Advocacy on Behalf of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Victims.
Todd is an Adjunct Law Professor and has taught more than 50 college law classes. He is the recipient of the Champlain College Award for his exemplary teaching.
Todd attended the University of Cambridge, in Cambridge, England where he studied comparative law, legal history and international law. He earned his law degree at the University of Toledo College of Law in Ohio, where he received the highest-ranking honor in legal drafting.
When not practicing law, Todd enjoys spending time with his wife and four children and is an avid college basketball and college and professional football fan. A lover of history, Todd studies the American Revolution era. He sits on the board for Habitat for Humanity and was the presiding judge for the Ohio Mock Trial Competition.
Areas Of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio
- J.D. – 2002
- Honors:Highest Ranking Honor Legal Drafting
- University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England – 2000
- Major: Comparative Law
- Major: Legal History
- Major: International Law
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- B.A. – 1999
- Major: History, Philosophy
- Independent Study, Greece, Egypt – 1999
- Institute Lyonnais, Lyon, France – 1998
Honors and Awards
- Teri Sowers Memorial Award for Advocacy on Behalf of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Victims, presented by the Family Justice Center of Northwest Ohio
- Champlain College Award for exemplary teaching and real dedication to providing a high quality educational experience to students
- ‘4 under 40’ Award for Professional Excellence and Community Involvement, presented by the Ottawa Area Chamber of Commerce
- William F. Schenck Victim Justice Visionary Award of Distinction, presented by the Ohio Victim Witness Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Wood County Common Pleas Court, Staff Attorney to the Honorable Alan Mayberry, 2002
- Schroeder, Blankemeyer, Schroeder, LLP, General Civil Practice, 2003 – 2010
- Putnam County Prosecutor’s Office, Chief - Felony Division, 2006 - 2017
- Michigan Association of Justice
- Ohio Association of Justice
- American Association of Justice
- Michigan Bar Association, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Putnam County Opiate Task Force, Chairman
Pro Bono Activities
- Chairman, Putnam County Sexual Assault Response Team
- Board of Directors, Habitat for Humanity
- Board of Directors, Crime Victim Services
- Advisory Board, ACTION OHIO Coalition for Battered Woman
- Board of Directors, NWO Youth Flag Football
- Presiding Judge, Ohio Mock Trial Competition
- Trustee, Putnam County Law Library
- Board of Directors, Putnam County Council on Aging (completed term)
- Board Member, Putnam County Local Corrections Planning Board
- Board Member, Putnam County Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Task Force