- Litigation Attorney
“I take great pride in leading our clients down the road to justice. Although that road has countless challenges and obstacles, I am fighting for them every step of the way.” Kenneth Lee
Kenneth Lee is an associate trial attorney at McKeen & Associates. From an early age, Kenneth’s empathy towards those harmed and facing difficulties in finding justice, led him to pursue a career in law.
Kenneth joined McKeen & Associates in 2015, after having practiced business litigation at another firm upon graduation from law school. Since that time, he has obtained several high settlements and verdicts. In October 2016, he was part of a trial team, led by Brian McKeen, which obtained a $19 million verdict (The Estate of Sabrie Nash); As first chair trial counsel, Kenneth won a $400,000 verdict (Shelva Kostrzewa) in Saginaw County in 2018, and a $250,000 verdict (Terry Wilson) in Montcalm County in 2017. Among his many high settlements include $3 million for negligent removal of a central venous catheter resulting in brain damage; $3 million for failure to administer blood pressure medication in a post-operative patient, leading to artery rupture, brain damage and death; and $2.6 million for failure to perform a urinalysis, leading to the development of urosepsis and death.
Kenneth graduated cum laude from Thomas M. Cooley Law School. He was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star for two years in a row (2018 and 2019); a 2018 National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40; and was recently named to the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys Under 40 in Michigan list.
When not practicing law, Kenneth can be found spending time with his wife and two young children. They enjoy traveling, playing golf, and watching the kids participate in golf, hockey and dance.
Areas Of Practice
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Catastrophic Spinal Cord Injury
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Michigan, 2012
- Florida, 2013
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Auburn Hills, Michigan
- J.D. cum laude – 2011
- Law Review: Thomas M. Cooley Law Review, Associate Editor, 2010 – 2011
- Saginaw Valley State University, University Center, Michigan
- B.A. – 2004
- Major: Communications/Marketing
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers - Rising Star, 2018
- Super Lawyers - Rising Star, 2019
- The National Trial Lawyers - Top 40 Under 40, 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Michigan Association for Justice , Executive Board Member, 2016 to Present
- Detroit Bar Association, 2015 to Present