- Litigation Attorney
“I followed in my father’s footsteps, who was an accomplished trial lawyer. I think the law is a noble profession with opportunity to help people.” John Robert LaParl, Jr.
John Robert LaParl, Jr., is an associate at McKeen & Associates. Before joining McKeen & Associates in 2012, John spent 30 years representing doctors, nurses, hospitals and other healthcare professionals in medical negligence actions. This experience has provided him with invaluable insight as a medical malpractice and personal injury attorney.
Since joining McKeen & Associates John has been involved in settlements and verdicts totaling in excess of $150 million. Some of his important cases include a Wayne County case resulting in a verdict of $16 million; and a medical malpractice case resulting in the Upper Peninsula’s largest personal injury verdict at $7.5 million.
John graduated from Michigan State University where he earned his bachelor’s degree and a varsity letter in tennis, and then went on to University of Detroit Mercy Law School. He is a Fellow of the State Bar of Michigan and a faculty member of Hillman Trial Advocacy Program. He is also a board member of his church.
When John is not practicing law, he can be found enjoying time with his family and playing tennis. He is also an avid runner having competed in the Boston Marathon.
Areas Of Practice
- Birth Trauma
- Cerebral Palsy
- Michigan, 1986
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Detroit, Michigan
- J.D. - 1986
- Michigan State University, E. Lansing, Michigan
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Michigan State Bar Association
- Fellow Michigan State Bar Foundation
- Kalamazoo County Bar Association
- Harvey Kruse, PC, Senior Counsel, 2010 to 2012
Past Employment Positions
- Aaudemce White Law P.C., Senior Counsel, 2005 to 2010
- Harvey Kruse P.C., Senior Counsel, 2010 to 2012