- Investigation Attorney
“I see the law as a civil society’s great equalizer ensuring a level playing field for all members of society.” Terry Dawes
Terry Dawes is an associate at McKeen & Associates in its Investigation Department. Terry worked as a registered nurse while attending college and law school, a career that he has found invaluable representing clients in birth trauma, wrongful death and medical malpractice cases.
Terry joined McKeen & Associates after law school and has 25 years of experience practicing law. He worked for another firm for two years and said he realized McKeen & Associates was a better firm and returned in 2015. During his time with the firm, Terry has participated in multiple trials resulting in multimillion-dollar verdicts and many more multimillion-dollar settlements. He has represented numerous persons injured by administration of vaccines under the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program.
Terry graduated magna cum laude from Western Michigan University with a degree in education and earned membership in the Golden Key National Honor Society. He went on to earn his law degree from Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, graduating cum laude. He served on its Law Review and won a Certificate of Merit for Excellence in the study of Michigan Administrative Law as well as an American Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in the study of trail advocacy.
He is an active member of the Michigan Association for Justice, the American Association of Justice and belongs to the Michigan Bar Association and Federal Bar Association. He is admitted to practice law in all Michigan and United States Federal Courts.
When not practicing law, Terry can be found cycling and spending time with his family.
Areas Of Practice
- Medical Malpractice Investigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Michigan, 1993
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- J.D. - 1993
- Honors: cum laude
- Western Michigan University
- B.S. - 1988
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College
- Associate degree - 1986
- Major: Nursing
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- Federal Bar Association
- Michigan Association for Justice
- Golden Key National Honor Society, Member
Past Employment Positions
- My first career was as a registered nurse (RN). I worked in a variety of inpatient and outpatient health care settings while working my way through undergraduate school and law school. This experience is invaluable in representing clients in birth trauma, wrongful death, medical malpractice and representing persons injured by administration of vaccines under the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program.