- Litigation Attorney
“I grew up surrounded by attorneys and always believed it was a field where I could utilize my talents to help others.”
John Malone is an associate at McKeen & Associates. Growing up with an attorney mother, the law was always a part of John’s life and a field he was interested in pursuing.
John joined McKeen & Associates while still in law school in 2016, and has been involved in several cases resulting in large settlements and verdicts including as second chair in a medical malpractice trial resulting in a $3.9 million verdict; and a premises liability action settlement of $1.5 million. He was named as one of Michigan’s Super Lawyers Rising Stars in 2019.
John graduated magna cum laude from Wayne State University Law School in 2016, where he distinguished himself academically. He was included in the Order of the Coif, a national law school honor society which recognizes excellence in legal scholarship; and was a Wayne Law Review Executive Board member.
Prior to law school, John worked in property management and became a state-licensed residential builder.
John is an active member of the Detroit Bar Association Inn of Court and the Michigan Associate for Justice Amicus Committee. When not practicing law, John enjoys spending time with his family.
Areas Of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Michigan, 2017
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan
- J.D. magna cum laude – 2017
- Law Review: Wayne Law Review, Executive Note and Comment Editor, 2016 – 2017
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Major: Political Science, History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Michigan Association for Justice, Member, 2018 to Present
- Detroit Bar Association, Member, 2018 to Present
- Theta Xi